Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Man, I try and defend the NFL...

But when you have a two hour special on ESPN to break down the fucking schedule? That's just indefensible. Who cares about a schedule being released? Nobody. 
 
And yet? It expands from the crappy club for jerks into something that bothers my television watching. Because everybody is supposed to care about every little aspect of  this league, right? My once tag-team partner is beyond disillusioned about the NFL.
 
And because of these minor things that deserve all of our attention. Right, the NFL expands the brand. I know, I know. I'm the guy standing and yelling at the absolute last aspect of the NFL that it's doing up beyond all rational logic. Some of you are sick of me and my draft preview. I get that.
 
But I now understand, don't you see? I now know that the NFL is beyond overexposed. I know that there will come a backlash to the NFL at some point. Not to say that I do not love draft day.
 
But as a monolthic corporate entity, you are treading real fucking thin. Stern wouldn't even consider this. And if the Vince McMahon of the Big four wouldn't do it? Do you really think it's a good idea?
 
I thought so, people who answered my rhetorical question. 

No comments: